Our reopening plan
We are so excited about reopening our worship experiences, even though we believe strongly that the church never closed. If you are more comfortable engaging online in this season, we want you to know that we will maintain this option. If you are ready to come back, we can’t wait to see you! It’s important to us that you and your family are safe, healthy, and feel great about returning to live worship experiences at JCI. We will work to ensure all our facilities, are comprehensively disinfected and safe for your family. We plan to offer a spacious onsite worship experience in our auditorium, overflow spaces, and a unique outdoor option. We hope to see you soon!
June Ministry at Journey
- On-Site Worship Gatherings will resume at our Main Campus on June 7, 2020
- All weekend services will remain “Online” during this time period with Children’s Ministry “Online” experiences as well at the following times:
- 8:00 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
- Childcare or Elementary Ministry will be resume Sunday, July 5 for Sunday Worship Services.
Monday Morning Prayer
- Monday morning prayer services will resume “On-Site” on Monday, June 8th and remain on-site throughout the month of June at 6:00 a.m.
- Monday morning prayer services will also remain Live Online throughout the month of June.
- Our Student Ministry (2019-2020 school year grades 6th-12th) will resume “On-Site” Wednesday night gatherings at 6:30 p.m.
- JCI’s daily prayer time will move “On-Site” at our Main Campus beginning Monday, June 1st, and continue on-site daily Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to allow our attenders to experience a personal guided prayer time.
Frequently Asked Questions
We will keep our capacity at or below what is allowed by local government. We will maintain at least 6’ social distancing where possible. We will provide multiple hand sanitizing stations and we will clean the building between each service using CDC and EPA approved chemicals for COVID-19. We will not pass offering buckets, and all seatback materials will be removed. We will not be shaking hands or extending hugs, but we will be very creative in our greeting, because our team can’t wait to see you!
At this time, with current restrictions and keeping your children’s safety at mind, we won’t have Children’s Programming in the building. We encourage your children to engage in our online experiences, Journey Jr and JKids. As we find the safest ways to welcome back families, here are some ways we are creating ministry environments and experiences on Sunday mornings that will be “family friendly” while also maintaining proper social distancing protocols:
- Can I bring a device for my children?Yes! Bring a phone/tablet with headphones! This would be a great time for your child to watch our Journey Jr and Jkids’ online services. Bring a phone or tablet, headphones, and once adult worship is over, let them watch their own Bible story!
- Will there be anything for my kids during the worship experience? Yes, grab a busy bag! Our kid’s team has created some fun busy bags for your kids. For your child’s safety, our bags have been packed in advance and will be handed to you by a volunteer wearing gloves!
- Is there a more ‘family-friendly environment” for my kids? Worship together in one of our JKids rooms or Outside! We will open up our Jkids environments and the drive-up circle! Our Journey Kids teams will be hosting and ushering in these areas so bring your kids in to say ‘hello’, see a familiar face, and stick around!
- If my child, becomes restless, will there be other places to participate in the worship experience? Request a Journey Jr room for your family! Our Journey Jr rooms are available for your family! Please find a team member to request a private room to continue participating in the worship experience.
- Bring Coloring Pages with you! Our kid’s team has created some fun coloring pages and added them to our Journey Jr and Jkids websites. Print these pages off in advance of Sunday morning and bring some crayons, colored pencils, or pens for coloring!
- Worship together in one of our JKids rooms or Outside! We will open up our Jkids environments and the drive-up circle for Family-Friendly worship areas. These rooms will be great for kids with a little more wiggle. Our Journey Kids teams will be hosting and ushering in these areas so bring your kids in to say ‘hello’, see a familiar face, and stick around!
- For your 4th/5th graders, we want to encourage them to worship the entire service with you—join you in worship, take sermon notes, and experience big church! This will be a helpful transition when they move-up to student ministry.
You will not be required to wear a mask, but we suggest you do whatever makes you feel most comfortable. We will monitor guidelines and adjust as needed if it becomes a requirement by local authorities.
Through the last week of May our small groups will be meeting over video calls or in some cases our groups that are 10 people or less are meeting in person following social distancing guidelines. Starting Monday, June 1, these can return to meeting in groups not to exceed 50 people.
We encourage everyone to participate as they feel comfortable. We will maintain a great online experience if you decide that now is not the right time for you to gather in person. We are here to minister to you either way.
We will not be serving coffee and donuts as we adhere to the guidelines during stage 1, but we will assess and adjust as we move through each stage of reopening. We will take every necessary precaution to keep people safe.