from our pastor
- Hundreds of new people joined our “volunteer family” as we began meeting at two campuses in February of 2019, holding church services both at our church building and at Summit Lakes Middle School simultaneously.
- More than a thousand people joined together to serve our local community through our Love Week Outreach and our Serve Days.
- We took over 40 people to Guatemala on two Mission Trips to the village of Las Sidras that we have adopted, building and dedicating the first church we’ve built internationally, and serving hundreds of people through our Medical Clinics.
- Our Student Ministry exploded in growth, drawing over 200 students and leaders each Wednesday night to our Student Impact, seeing hundreds make spiritual decisions and dozens and dozens baptized.
- Our church family pledged nearly $11 Million dollars towards our new ministry facility that will hold our entire church family and prepare us to accomplish our 25-Year Vision (see details at www.differencemaker.cc).
- We became a people of prayer. Beginning with our 21-Days of Prayer in August, and continuing every Monday Morning, hundreds at our church began praying privately and corporately every week together. A movement of prayer has begun!
21 Days of Prayer
summit lakes campus
Difference Makers: Chasing the Vision
One of our core beliefs at JCI is that, “We believe that you cannot out-give God!” We demonstrate this belief by investing the first 15% that comes in the offering at our church into global, community, and church planting causes. Once again, the generosity of our people continues to grow and we finished the year with an increased giving of 18% over last year. As a result, our church invested $413,200 in our Global Impact, Community Impact, and Church Planting around the world. This year we built a church and three homes in the village of Las Sidras, Guatemala. Our team held medical clinics for hundreds of people without basic health care. We sent 53 to serve on mission trips overseas, our church sponsored 57 children in Las Sidras, we had over 1000 people engage in our annual “Love Week” community impact initiative.
It was truly the greatest year financially that we have experienced, but there is more! In 2019 we established a “Vision Team” that began dreaming up and preparing our 25-year vision as a church. As a result, we shaped the building footprint necessary to accomplish this vision and then launched our “Difference Maker” building campaign to fund this vision. On December 15th, our church pledged $10.7M over the next two years, over and above regular giving to make this vision a reality. God is clearly on the move as he continues to give us more than we could ask for or imagine.
We strive to practice great stewardship as a church! I am grateful for our Finance Team that oversees and holds our staff accountable to maintain the best standards for our finances. In addition, we have great external accountability from our outsourced accounting firm as well as an independent consultant with over 20 years of church finance experience. I am truly grateful for your generosity that is funding the mission that God has given to JCI! Thank you for your part in making 2019 the strongest year of giving in the history of our young and growing church!
Invested Into Local and Global Missions
People Served on Global Impact Trips